Managed IT Services For Law Firms
You may know that you need IT support in one form or another – but if you’re not necessarily tech-savvy, then how are you supposed to know one type of IT support from another? What are Managed IT Services, and what can they offer firms in the legal field?
Managed IT Services are generally considered to be the most effective model of IT support offered right now.
In practice, instead of waiting for something to go wrong and stepping in to correct it, an IT company that provides Managed IT Services takes on all the responsibilities of a traditional in-house IT department. This means working to prevent issues from happening in the first place.
What Do Managed IT Service Companies Do?
By definition, Managed Services are a set of best firms, processes, and tools that, when combined with technical knowledge and proper facilitation, delivers an ideal IT-based result for businesses.
Managed IT Services take care of everything IT-related for your organization, proactively preventing problems instead of fixing them after the fact – and the Managed IT Services company does all that for you. Simple as that.
Most Managed IT Services companies like this charge a flat monthly fee rather than an hourly rate, and offer a long list of services, including:
- IT Consulting
- Cloud services
- Cybersecurity Services
- Email/Spam protection
- Business phone systems
- Backup & disaster recovery services
- IT Audits
How Will Our Law Benefit From Managed IT Services?
- Free Up Cash Flow: Traditionally, IT expenses get categorized as capital expenses or CapEx. With managed services, you can move away from a CapEx model to operational expenses or OpEx model, as you are paying month by month and seeing the return right away. Your costs for these services are considered monthly operating expenses like the electric or water bill.
- Access Expertise: Keeping an IT environment running smoothly does require constant attention and the availability of highly-skilled staff. By taking advantage of managed services, you can eliminate the burden of finding and retaining talent with all of the necessary skills.
- Decreased Downtime: Businesses now heavily depend on their technology. That increased reliance on mission-critical applications and 24/7 access to data, make high availability a top priority for IT. Managed IT Services companies will help ensure that uptime, security, power, and redundancy requirements are met.
- Reduce IT Expenses: CIOs are not only tasked with the management of IT, but also with supporting business growth by reducing costs. Organizations are being asked to do more with fewer resources. The right Managed IT Services company can be a vital component to ease the burden and free up IT staff to focus on in-house projects.
- Become More Secure: Another benefit of opting for Managed IT Services is that you have a partner in your IT support. One that can recommend proven, tested solutions to problems that you encounter – problems like cybercrime and data loss. Managed IT Services companies benefit from partnerships with industry-leading solution vendors for these very problems, and they pass those benefits on to their clients. Instead of having to research and find the best solution for security and data recovery, you can instead consult your partner in IT support.
Do Managed IT Services Enhance Cybersecurity?
Security is one of the most important aspects of technology. While technology evolves and data expands, the number of ways your IT network can be compromised increases.
But to make sure your IT environment is secure, it must be continuously monitored and assessed. Your IT company can provide security services, advise you on the credentials of vendors, and conduct ongoing risk assessments to identify network vulnerabilities.
Furthermore, many businesses require secure technology so they can meet compliance and regulatory standards. Your IT company will know how to address the potential for data breaches, secure your confidential data, and use cost-effective technologies to do this so you comply with regulations. Security risks and compliance issues can cost you dearly in legal liabilities, regulatory penalties, and your good reputation.
Should Our Firm Use The Cloud?
The cloud is a network of technologies that allows access to computing resources, such as storage, processing power, and more.
Why should you use the cloud?
For the same reasons that thousands of other businesses around the world have already adopted cloud computing:
- Computing Power: The cloud has the ability to activate tens of thousands of CPUs. This unparalleled power can quickly perform deep analytics of your data, and process nearly any ad-hoc queries that you require.
- Reliable Costs: The cloud services subscription model offers the strategic advantage of low-cost, low-risk opt-in combined with a simple, predictable monthly fee.
- Easy Scalability: Cloud services have the unique strategic characteristic of being able to stretch or shrink to suit your current level of demand. This is especially useful for businesses of scale or companies that go through seasons of activity.
- Real-Time Collaboration: With cloud technology, your staff doesn’t have to wait for each other to be done with their part of the document or project in order to tackle their own aspect. They can all work on the same project at the same time to maximize productivity.
- Remote Work Capability: This cloud feature allows you and your employees to work remotely as need be, which will give your business members the flexibility they desire to have a more balanced home/work life.
Before you think about going through the stress of trying to find a computer technician or even a computer engineer to support your network and technology infrastructure, speak with a local Managed IT Services company.
Ask some questions about the services they offer, what their prices are and other concerns you may have. When you find the Managed IT Services company – a reliable partner who will work with you – you’ll see the benefits first hand.
Managed IT Services will provide the edge you need to grow your law firm and gain advantages that you never experienced before.
Like this article? Check out the following blogs to learn more:
Watch Out for Hidden Malware on Your Phone
How to Leverage iOS12 Enhancements to Boost Productivity
How to Use Your Computer to Install Apps on Your Android Device