Seven Top Benefits of Using Microsoft 365 to Western New York Businesses
Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based subscription platform for services, applications, and storage provided by Microsoft. Initially launched as Office 365 on 28th of June 2011, Microsoft 365 incorporates the core applications of Office 365, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Word.
Depending on the business plan you purchase, you may also get access to other communication and collaboration tools, such as Skype, OneDrive, Publisher, Teams, Exchange, Planner, Yammer, and SharePoint.
As a business thinking of integrating Microsoft 365 in your daily business operations, what benefits should you expect?
Check out our latest video to learn more about the benefits of using Microsoft 365:
What Are The Biggest 7 Benefits Of Using Microsoft 365 to Businesses in Western New York?
- You Can Work From Anywhere, At Any Time, and On Any Device: A major advantage of Microsoft 365 is that it allows you to work from anywhere. Because it is entirely cloud-based, files and Microsoft 365 applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word can be accessed from any device as long as you have a reliable internet connection. Microsoft 365 is also supported on various operating systems, including Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS allowing you to create, edit, and share files with colleagues in real-time. Microsoft 365 is particularly advantageous to organizations with employees who work remotely or organizations with multiple office locations.
- You Can Easily Collaborate and Communicate with Colleagues: If your company endorses teamwork, then you’ll appreciate the collaboration and communication tools provided by Microsoft 365. Skype, Outlook, and Teams provide platforms for you to hold video and audio conferencing calls, send instant messages, chat, and share calendars and schedules with colleagues. Teams facilitates collaboration between colleagues by allowing everyone who wants to edit a document to access the same version of the document and make real-time changes.
- You Get Advanced Security Features: Microsoft 365 has built-in security features that help keep your organization’s data safe. They include:
- Encrypted Emails: This feature allows you to send encrypted emails, stopping everyone else other than the intended recipient from reading your emails’ content. This feature works regardless of the email service the recipient uses.
- Multi-Factor Authentication: MFA adds an extra layer of protection to your log-in process. This way, other than passwords that are typically used to verify who you are, biometrics or passcodes are added to ensure you are who you say you are. MFA helps you to lock out malicious actors from your systems.
- Mobile Devices Management: This feature allows you to control both company and personal mobile devices handled by your staff to protect your data. If an employee’s device gets stolen, it can be permanently wiped to prevent malicious actors from gaining access to company data.
The security features you get will depend on the business plan you purchase.
- You are Always Updated: Since Microsoft 365 is cloud-based, you will always be up-to-date with the latest versions of Microsoft applications and tools at no extra cost.
- You Can Choose a Plan That Is Convenient for Your Business: Microsoft 365 offers users various business plans, each with varying features and applications. You can easily choose, switch between, or mix, and match these plans to get features that meet your organization’s needs.
- You Reduce and Eliminate Your Hardware and Energy Costs: Since Microsoft 365 runs on the cloud, you don’t need physical data storage equipment and servers for your software. Getting rid of physical storage facilities and servers will help reduce energy costs and ultimately eliminate the need for physical office spaces.
- You Can Easily Budget for Your IT: Because Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based service, once you decide on a plan, you only pay for it either per user, annually, or monthly, eliminating extra costs.
Microsoft 365 offers several benefits to organizations, whether you are looking to adopt remote working, enhance cybersecurity, boost collaboration, or improve productivity.
Still Searching for a Reliable Microsoft 365 Solutions Provider in Western New York?
At Buffalo Computer Help, we offer years of experience and expertise in providing IT solutions to Buffalo and Western New York businesses.
Schedule a consultation with us today, or call us on (877) 440-3061 and let us help you integrate and customize Microsoft 365 solutions to fit your business’s needs.