Something that most people find annoying, no matter where they are on the internet, is an overabundance of pop-up ads. They are really just an extra layer of annoyance for many people and the ultimate goal is to get them removed as soon as possible and hope they will never return. So how to get rid of office 365 pop up.
Microsoft has been using pop-up ads to advertise Windows 10, Windows 11 and Office 365 for some time now but the ads just recently began popping up on user accounts who are subscribed to Office 365 but do not have the Office locally installable apps.
Microsoft has started spamming its current users with ads that are irrelevant or are impossible to remove. Fortunately, there is a way to fix it. All you have to do to remove the pop-up ads is follow the steps in this guide.
What the Microsoft Office 365 Pop-up Ads Say
The pop-up ads seem to be friendly enough even if they are a bit misleading. While the pop-up ads are really just prompting users to upgrade their Office 365, some people do not actually have the free upgrade available. Of course, some users still appreciate the reminder and find it useful.
What’s interesting about this is that even if you already have Office 365 installed on your system and do not need an upgrade, these pop-up ads for Office 365 will continue to appear on your account. The only way to stop them from appearing is to disable them manually or block the web addresses that are triggering them.
If you are someone who has used the free download of Office 365 or someone with a different plan, then by clicking upgrade on the ad, you will be taken to a payment screen and you will be charged for the upgrade. The ad uses the words “free upgrade” and this is not true for everyone because it is not necessarily free.
Another big issue is that when some people are trying to remove the ad, choosing an option, no matter what option it is, is not doing anything. The ad is staying there and there is no movement. This makes it seem as though it is impossible to move to another screen and get rid of the ad.
How To Get Rid of Office 365 Pop Up
Although these pop-up ads are very annoying, there is an easy fix that Microsoft has provided. These quick-fix steps should do the trick for some time until Microsoft has figured out how to remove them from accounts where the upgrade is not free or to simply provide a notification instead of a pop-up ad.
- To remove the pop-up for now, you will have to click on this link. The link came straight from Microsoft so it should be safe to click and download.
- Once you click the link, you should be brought to a File Download dialog box where you will need to click on Run or Open.
- Follow the remaining steps.
- At the end of the fix wizard, the problem should be taken care of and you should be able to continue using your Microsoft Office version the way you always have.
How To Stop Microsoft Office Activation Wizard From Popping Up
Maybe your Microsoft Office activation wizard keeps popping up? If you are not getting the Office 365 pop-up ad but instead find yourself in the former scenario, here is how you can get rid of it.
The Activation Wizard will not usually prevent you from using Office 365, you should just be aware that the message is a notification and it is used when you are using a product that isn’t registered.
If you do not want to go through the steps in the pop-up ads, you can always turn off the notifications.
Unfortunately, using this method will turn off all office notifications so they may not be as helpful as they could be if you were to keep them on.
To turn off the notifications:
- Click on the notification icon in the taskbar and choose to turn off all Office notifications. This will disable future notifications but it will not remove any already active on your machine.
- If you are not seeing the notification icon in your taskbar, you can get to it another way. To do this, go to Start Menu, choose All Programs and then click on Microsoft Office. On the Office page, you should be able to find a notification icon next to the Office logo.
- Click on it and choose to turn the notifications off.
- If you are using Microsoft Office 2011, click on Help at the top of the page, choose Options and then go to the Notification section. You will see an option for turning off notifications. If you want to turn them off for a single time, click on the check box next to “Get notifications from Microsoft” and select one of the options under “UNSELECTED”.
No one likes pop-up ads, especially when they already have a product from a company. Microsoft is working to fix it but until this is done, you can remove them.
If you are still having trouble and cannot figure out how to remove pop-up ads, be sure to contact Globalquest to get some additional assistance. If the fix above does not work, they can help you find another great solution that should do the trick for your Microsoft Office system.