Could Your IT Service Team Use Some Support?
You feel like your internal technology support person, or even your entire department simply isn’t keeping up.
- Support requests go unanswered for days at a time
- Projects take longer and go over budget more often than not
- Virus infections are still happening, despite their best efforts
- Initiatives are put on hold to accommodate them learning a bit more about it
Look, none of this means your internal technology support person or department isn’t great at what they do. Truthfully, they might be highly skilled, certified in various technologies, and overall, fantastic employees.
So Why Aren’t They Keeping Up?
In the simplest terms, one of the biggest misconceptions surrounding technology is this: there are only two options – internal or outsourced support. In the past, this was accurate. You would choose to hire an internal person or team or outsource entirely to a managed services provider. Nowadays, things have changed.
What do we mean when we say that things have changed?
Well, businesses are using more complex technologies. You have a mix of hardware, software, and other equipment that can easily become overwhelming, especially as cybercrime continues to evolve. You might even be mixing on-premises equipment with cloud-based services – giving you a hybrid environment that becomes even more difficult to manage.
What Can You Do To Help Them?
At this point, you might be wondering how you can help your internal technology support person or department keep up with all of your requirements. Maybe you’ve already:
- Invested in more training
- Give them overtime pay for extra hours
- Increased your technology budget
But you’re hesitant to hire even more people, right? We don’t blame you. When you add to your team, you’re adding a ton of expenses:
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick days
- And much more
Our recommendation is simple: forget the misconception that you have to choose between internal and outsourced. Instead, you can have the best of both worlds. It’s known as co-managed IT services. You outsource part of the management of your information systems to an MSP, who will take responsibility for their part while letting your internal person or team keep focused on their own.
Maximize The Value Of Your Internal Person Or Team
You’re able to maximize the value you’re getting out of your current in-house technology person or department while gaining access to an entire team of qualified technicians for a flat-rate monthly fee. This allows you to:
- Ensure the availability of support when you need it most as you have access to an entire team who won’t fall ill, go on vacation, etc. and can work after-hours.
- Keep costs low because you’re paying an affordable flat-rate monthly fee for all of the services and support you need.
- Enjoy access to a range of services and/or products due to the fact that they have various partnerships with manufacturers in the industry.
- Safeguard your entire environment with enterprise-grade security measures, such as firewalls, web content filtering, spam filtering, multi-factor authentication, and more.
Cybersecurity, in particular, is never a set-it-and-forget-it type of scenario. It’s easy for a single person or small team to feel overwhelmed as they see attacks happening all over the world. Co-managed IT services eliminate risks associated with cybercrime.